Learn More About Taste of the Wild
Made with real roasted meats and supplemented with vegetables, legumes and fruits, these grain-free formulas provide a superior taste sensation, highly digestible energy and antioxidants to support a healthy immune system.
Now you can satisfy your dog or cat’s instinctual cravings with Taste of the Wild®. Choose from:
- Appalachian Valley™ Small Breed Canine Formula with Venison & Garbanzo Beans
- Pine Forest® Canine Formula with Venison & Legumes
- Pacific Stream Puppy® Formula with Smoked Salmon
- High Prairie Puppy® Formula with Bison & Roasted Venison
- Pacific Stream Canine® Formula with Smoked Salmon*
- High Prairie Canine® Formula with Roasted Bison & Roasted Venison*
- Wetlands Canine® Formula with Roasted Fowl*
- Sierra Mountain Canine® Formula with Roasted Lamb*
- Southwest Canyon® Canine Formula with Wild Boar*
- Canyon River Feline® Formula with Trout & Smoked Salmon*
- Rocky Mountain Feline® Formula with Roasted Venison & Smoked Salmon*
*Also available canned
All of our products are formulated to meet your pet’s specific needs. To do so, we use a variety of ingredients to optimize the health benefits of each formula. Here are the primary ingredients we use and how they can positively impact your pet’s health:
- Antioxidants – Antioxidants protect your pet’s body from damaging free radicals. Vegetables and fruits provide antioxidants, and guaranteed levels of zinc, vitamin E and selenium help support optimal cellular health.
- Blueberries & Raspberries – Berries are packed with powerful antioxidants to help keep the body healthy.
- Chelated Minerals – During the digestion process, minerals are attached to proteins for absorption from the digestive tract. We include proteinates in our recipe to help promote easy absorption for optimal mineral nutrition.
- DHA – Our All Life Stages formulas are made with salmon oil, a source of DHA. DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid that helps support the development of the brain.
- Dried Chicory Root – This prebiotic fiber is added to help maintain a balance of probiotic bacteria in the intestines, supporting healthy digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Garbanzo Beans – Rich in protein, vitamins and minerals, garbanzo beans are a healthy formula addition.
- Guaranteed Probiotics – Healthy digestive and immune systems are vital to the overall health of your pet. K9 Strain® Probiotics and Viables® Probiotics are developed specifically for use in our dry pet food and processed under strict human-grade standards to ensure purity. Each cup of Taste of the Wild provides live, active cultures that help support healthy digestion and help your pet maintain an active lifestyle. To learn more about our probiotic strains, click here.
- No Grain – Grain-free formulas provide your pet with nutrition for optimal health and vitality.
- Omega Fatty Acid Blend – Omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids work together to help maintain healthy skin and a shiny coat as well as overall good health.
- Potato Fiber – Dietary fiber is a required nutrient and helps support healthy digestion and optimal stool quality.
- Protein Blend for Optimal Amino Acid Profile – Amino acids are the building blocks for a healthy body. Multiple protein sources ensure that adequate building blocks are available to meet your pet’s needs. Ocean fish meal provides the added benefit of marine-source omega-3 fatty acids, important for a healthy immune system, healthy skin and a shiny coat.
- Protein Blend – Found in our Southwest Canyon® Canine Formula. Made with proteins from beef, lamb meal, eggs, wild boar and fish meal. A blend of proteins provides an optimal amino acid profile.
- Real Venison – Found in our Appalachian Valley™ Small Breed Canine and Pine Forest™ Canine formulas. This highly digestible protein is rich in nutrients and energy, but low in fat. For dogs who prefer the taste of wild game, venison is a lean, high-quality protein option.
- Roasted Bison & Roasted Venison – Found in our High Prairie Canine® and High Prairie Puppy® formulas. Lean meat, roasted for great flavor. These ingredients offer highly digestible protein to help your dog maintain good health.
- Roasted Lamb – Lamb is an excellent lean protein source, providing amino acids for muscles, organs and the immune system.
- Roasted Quail, Roasted Duck & Smoked Turkey – Found in our Wetlands Canine® Formula. Lean protein, roasted and smoked for great flavor. These ingredients offer highly digestible protein to help your dog maintain good health.
- Roasted Venison & Smoked Salmon – Found in our Rocky Mountain Feline® Formula. Lean meat, roasted for great flavor. These ingredients offer highly digestible protein to help your cat maintain good health.
- Salmon & Ocean Fish Meal – Found in our Pacific Stream Puppy® Formula. Rich in omega fatty acids, these ingredients offer highly digestible protein to help your puppy maintain the sleek condition of well-being.
- Small Kibble – Found in our Appalachian Valley™ Small Breed Canine Formula. Small kibble size is easy for small mouths to chew and helps keep teeth clean.
- Real & Smoked Salmon – Found in our Pacific Stream Canine® Formula. Rich in omega fatty acids, these ingredients offer highly digestible protein to help your dog maintain good health.
- Sweet Potatoes – A power packed vegetable! Rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A and C, iron, calcium and beta carotene, this is one ideal complex carbohydrate source that provides all day energy.
- Taurine – Essential amino acid for all cats. Helps maintain healthy heart and eyes.
- Tomato Pomace & Tomatoes – Sources of antioxidants and fiber to help support overall good health.
- Trout & Smoked Salmon – Tasty fish added for great flavor. These ingredients offer highly digestible protein to help your cat maintain the sleek condition of good health.
- Vegetables, Legumes & Fruits – Sweet potatoes, peas, tomatoes, blueberries and raspberries provide plant-sourced nutrients to help support overall well-being.
- Wild Boar – Found in our Southwest Canyon® Canine Formula. This unique protein source provides amino acids to help support muscle and organ function.
Water – In the form of steam, water is used in the cooking process for dry pet food. Taste of the Wild® uses a water purification process known as reverse osmosis, which is the same process that many bottled water manufacturers use. In reverse osmosis, water is forced through extremely fine filters, removing microorganisms, organic chemicals and inorganic chemicals. The result is purified water, which is then used in the form of steam in the cooking process for Taste of the Wild® dry pet food.